- research groups active in public and private universities or in public research institutions located in Spain, in cooperation with similar structures in Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Such groups may include researchers at different stages of their careers (senior, postdoc and predoc), active in research centers (public and private universities, public research institutions) in the involved countries.
- applications shall be submitted by a public or private university or by a public research institution, located in Spain, in cooperation with at least one similar institution located in Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and, if appropriate, with other similar institutions from Spain, supported by the legal representatives of all the involved institutions.
- each application must be supported at least by a Spanish institution on the one side and an institution from Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein on the other side.
This measure addresses research activities carried out in cooperation by research groups in Spanish research institutions and research institutions in Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, by funding costs generated by such cooperation.Project grant may cover (totally or in part) the following costs:
- Travel grant: travel expenses and travel insurance costs are covered based on actual incurred expenditures (invoices and bills documenting costs are required). The cheapest mode of travel should be used.
- Stay grant to researchers. It will be determined according to the following rates:
- Scientists moving from Spain to Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, up to 2500 euro per mont
- Scientists moving from Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein to Spain, up to 2000 euro per month
- Stays shorter than a month shall be funded proportionally
- Stays shorter than a week shall be funded on the basis of dayly rates: up to 300 euro per day.
- Tax rules of each country will apply.
- Organization costs. Tuition fees, conference fees and similar, duly justified. They shall be proporcionate and directly related to the implementation of the granted activity.
- Audit costs.
- Beneficiaries shall, on their own initiative, use the European health insurance card or equivalent.
Calls, budget, applications:
Three calls are planned. The first one could be launched during August 2013, a second one in January 2014 and a third one mid 2014. See the call for proposals, the guidelines and application form at the "Calls" section of the menu at the left.
IMPORTANT: Any stay must be finished by November 2015.
Indicative budget for this measure: 740 000 euro.
Applications shall include:
- Application form. It shall include: aims of the project; originality and innovative aspects and how it will contribute to the advance of knowledge; conceptual framework, identification of open questions and approaches, including the justification of the importance of the problem to deal with; description of the work plan and methods, new techniques or methodologies to be used or created; identification of expected results and impact; description of how the planned cooperation shall contribute to the success of the project and how it will benefit the involved parts.
- CV of principal investigators of participating groups. Scientific record of participating groups.
- Tentative list of participants that will benefit from the grant, mobility calendar.
- Detailed budget.
- Risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Communication plan.
- Formal declaration of the involved institutions, signed by their legal representatives, supporting the application and committing themseleves to comply with all the applicable regulation, including, if necessary, co-funding.
- Copy of the principal researchers' identity cards or passports.
| Appraisal and selection process:|
- Administrative and eligibility compliance. Responsible: UCM. Output: list of eligible applications.
- Evaluation by experts. Responsible : experts. Output: applications scored (and, when appropriate, with improvement proposals and/or risk mitigation proposals).
- Evaluation by Abel Selection Committee. Responsible: Abel Selection Committee. Output: list of ranked applications to be funded.
- Awarding decision. Responsible: NILS S&S Steering Committee. Output: list of applications to be awarded, reserve list.
- Communication. Responsible: UCM. Output: awarded applications are known by applicants and by the general public.
- Decision shall not be appealed.
Evaluation and selection criteria:
- Quality of the research programme proposal.
- Scientific record of the researchers groups involved.
- Complementarity of participating researchers and groups.
- Feasibility and sustainability of the proposal.
- Compliance of research proposed with the strategic focus of the programme.