PROFESSOR EUGENIO ROANES-LOZANO
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Phone: (+34) 91 394 62 48
Surface mail address:
Depto. de Didactica de las Ciencias Experimentales, Sociales y Matematicas
Facultad de Educacion, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
c/ Rector Royo Villanova s/n, E-28040-Madrid, Spain
· Born in Badajoz (SW Spain) in 1962. Son of Eugenio (also a mathematician) and Maria del Pilar.
· Married Carmen Solano (university arts teacher) in 2005. One son, Pablo (born in 2006)
· Third award in the "Premio Holanda 1981" (Phillips Young Researchers Award) with a theoretical project of an alternative to classic railway block-systems (with mobile variable-length sections).
· Ms.Sc. (Universidad Complutense de Madrid), 1984.
· Ph.D. in Mathematics (Universidad de Sevilla), 1991. Advisor: Eugenio Roanes-Macias.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid), 1993. Co-advisors: Manuel Abellanas and Eugenio Roanes Macias.
· Teacher at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid since 1985. Now Full Professor at this university.
· The main research line is the application of computer algebra and dynamic geometry to artificial intelligence, transportation engineering and education.
· Co-advisor of three Ph.D. thesis in computer science and two thesis in pedagogy (about the use of ITC in mathematics teaching).
RESEARCH GROUP and PROJECTS
· Researcher, advisor or main researcher at projects granted by the Universidad Complutense, different Spanish ministries (DGICYT, DGES, FIS, TIC, MTM...) and a European project (TARSKI).
Main researcher of a research project for AERTEC S.L. for the Spanish
airport authority (AENA)-
· Main researcher of a research project for the Extremadura Regional Government about the introduction of computer algebra systems in secondary education.
· Main researcher of a research project for the Spanish Railway Foundation (Fundación de los FFCC Españoles).
· E. Roanes-Macias and E. Roanes-Lozano: Nuevas Tecnologias en Geometria. Ed. Complutense, 1994.
· E. Roanes-Macias and E. Roanes-Lozano: Calculos Matematicos por Ordenador con Maple V.5. . Ed. Rubiños-1860 S.A., 1999.
· M. de Guzmán, E. Roanes-Lozano, P. Ortega and J.P. Garbayo: International Simposium. Mathematics and new technologies: what to learn, how to teach. Facultad de CC. Matemáticas de la Universidad Complutense de Madrid - Fundación Ramón Areces, 2004 (CD-ROM) http://www.ucm.es/info/secdealg/simposio/
· L.M. Laita, L. de Ledesma and E. Roanes-Lozano: The Genesis of Boole's Logic: Its History and a Computer Exploration. Spanish Royal Academy of Sciences, Serie de Ciencias Exactas XXXIII, 2005.
ORGANIZATION OF CONFERENCES
General Chairman of AISC'2000 (Artificial Intelligence and Symbolic
· General Chairman of IMACS-ACA (Applications of Computer Algebra) 1999, Euroforum El Escorial. http://math.unm.edu/ACA/1999.html
· Session organizer at the Spanish conference on Maths Education with Technology TEMU 1995.
· Session organizer at several IMACS-ACA since 1996 ("Non-Standard Applications" session).
· Chairman of the ACA-Working Group for 10 years.
SPECIAL ISSUE GUEST EDITOR
· Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. Non-Standard Applications of Computer Algebra. Edited by E. Roanes-Lozano, S. Steinberg, H. Hong. Volume 45, Issues 1-2, 1998.
· Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. Selected papers from the IMACS-ACA. Edited by S. Steinberg, E. Roanes-Lozano Volume 51, Issue 5, 2000.
· Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence and Symbolic Computation. Edited by J. Calmet and E. Roanes-Lozano. Volume 36, No. 3, 2002.
· Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. Applications of Computer Algebra in Science, Engineering Simulation and Special Software. Edited by M. Wester, E.A. Arnold, P. Gianni, I.S. Kotsireas, E. Roanes-Lozano and S. Steinberg. Volume 67, Issues 1-2, 2004.
· Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. Nonstandard Applications of Computer Algebra. Edited by E. Roanes-Lozano. M. Wester, S. Steinberg, Volume 79, Issue 8, 2009.
· Formerly at the School of Statistics (teaching Linear Algebra) and the E.U. Pablo Montesino of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Currently at the
· See the web page http://www.ucm.es/info/secdealg/ (in Spanish) for details about current teaching.
MATHEMATICAL SOCIETIES MEMBERSHIP / EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERSHIP
· Member of the staff of the "Mathematics Teachers Society Puig Adam" http://www.ucm.es/info/secdealg/puig/
· Member of the "Real Sociedad Matematica Espa~nola".
· Member of the Editorial Board of the "Revista Chilena de Educacion Cientifica"
· Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "The Open Applied Mathematics Journal" (journal discontinued)
· Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Mathematics and Computers in Simulation" (in SCI-JCR) http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505615/description#description
· Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "The Scientific World Journal" (up to 2016) http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/
· Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Mathematical Problems in Engineering"(from 2016) http://www.hindawi.com/journals/mpe/
· Developer of packages included in Maple (Turtle Graphics), Macsyma and Derive (modal multivalued logics).
· Developer of the connection between "The Geometer's Sketchpad" v.3 and v.4 and Derive and Maple "paramGeo".
· Was one of the "Maple ambassadors" for Spain.
· Derive "alfa-tester" and "beta-tester" and "Derive-consultant".
· Beta-tester of the Dynamic Geometry System "The Geometer's Sketchpad".
· At Spanish universities: Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Universidad de Cantabria, Universidad de Alcalá, Universidad de Zaragoza, Universidad de Extremadura, Universidad de Sevilla.
· At universities abroad: Politecnico di Torino (Italy), The University of Georgia (USA), Universidad Metropolitana de CC. de la Educación (Chile).
· Others: for Addlink Software Científico, Colegio de Doctores y Licenciados and different ICEs, CEPs, CPRs and CAPs (high school teachers centers).
"Keynote speaker" at ICTMT-5 (The Fifth
International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching),
"Banquet speaker" at ACA'2003 (Applications
of Computer Algebra),
"Keynote speaker" at TIME-2004 (Technology
and its Integration in Mathematics Education),
"Keynote speaker" at TIME-2010 (Technology
and its Integration in Mathematics Education), Málaga,
"Keynote speaker" at ACA’2013 (Applications
of Computer Algebra), Málaga,
· "Keynote speaker" at ESCO’2016 (European Seminar on Computing), Pilsen, Czech Republic.
SOME ACADEMIC AND NON-ACADEMIC PICTURES
With the late Luis M. Laita in 2003 in the Spanish Ph.D. “uniform”
(explanation: blue for sciences, brown for engineering, including computer science;
the hood and sleeves corresponds to the Ms., the hat to the Ph.D.
--Luis Laita's sleeves are therefore not correct)
More pictures can be found in http://www.ucm.es/info/secdealg/ERL/pictures.html